Saturday, October 3, 2009

What I Read (11)

Date: February 3, 2008
Title: Changing for Good Author: James O. Prochaska, John C. Norcross & Carlo C. DiClemente
Thoughts: I would like to make some changes in my life. I thought I might end bad health habits or passivity. Now I see I have issues with distress. I know a lot of my problem behavior is rooted in distress. That may be a good place to start.

Date: March 1, 2008
Title: The Physics of Superheroes
Author: James Kakalios
Thoughts: A fund way to brush up on physics I don’t think about every day. I enjoyed the tidbits of comics history.

Date: March 30, 2008
Title: The Once and Future King Author: T. H. White
Thoughts: Sometimes funny, even silly, though very tragic and sad.
There is original sin and men are depraved, as the Bible teaches. God is doing good always and seeking people to join Him. The world needs people who will faithfully try.

Date: April 3, 2008
Title: The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril
Author: Paul Malmont
Thoughts: This was the most fun book I’ve read in quite a while.

Date: April 8, 2008
Title: Gratitude: Affirming the Good Things in Life
Author: Melody Beattie
Thoughts: “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life” (quote from the book).

Date: April 27, 2008
Title: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
Author: Michael Chabon
Thoughts: I heard a lot about this book being about comics and popular culture. It is more about identity. The superheroes and their alter egos are escaping the conventional to be their true selves, as the characters in the book are striving to be.

Date: May 25, 2008
Title: God Wants You to be Rich
Author: Paul Zane Pilzer
Thoughts: For some time I’ve shared the thought that the goodness of God results in abundant providence. I’m interested in the concept that technology unlocks supply for our limitless (ever changing) demand.

Other parts of What I Read:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5,
Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

No comments:

Post a Comment