Friday, May 1, 2009

What I Read (2)

Date: March 9, 2005
Title: Doing Work You Love
Author: Cheryl Gilman
Thoughts: I was encouraged most by Gilman’s own story—a job hopper who pieced together what she really wanted, started her own business and did well in it. I’m looking forward to having a similar story.


Date: March 17, 2005
Title: The Road to Serfdom
Author: F. A. Hayek
Thoughts: I think we were designed to be free to largely govern ourselves, for conscious and love to be our law. When we fell, God authorized some to use force to restrain and punish wrongdoers. Now it seems government restrains everyone in everything. As important as it is to submit to proper authority, authorities must stay within their bounds.


Authors I adore:
Walker Percy
Zig Ziglar
John C. Maxwell
Isaac Asimov
Norman Vincent Peale
C. S. Lewis
J. R. R. Tolkien
Dava Sobel
Edwin Black
Dashiell Hammett
G. K. Chesterton
John Steinbeck
Raymond Chandler

Date: April 14, 2005
Title: Winning with People
Author: John C. Maxwell
-
Date: April 14, 2005
Title: How Full is Your Bucket?
Author: Tom Rath
Thoughts: It is amazing how the themes of love, the golden rule, giving and receiving, sowing and reaping, looking for good in others, focusing on what is worthwhile, and building up others leads to more success for you and those you influence.

Live the life God calls you to and all is really good.



Date: April 22, 2005
Title: You Can if You Think You Can
Author: Norman Vincent Peale
Thoughts: Through this book, the Bible, and other things I’ve read and heard, I believe God is transforming me into the man He designed me to be—better than I can now imagine.


Date: April 23, 2005
Title: The Sacred Romance
Author: Brian Curtis & John Eldredge
Thoughts: “Eye has not seen, ear has not heard what God has in store for his lovers does not mean “we have no clue so don’t even try to imagine,” but rather, you cannot outdream God” (quote from the book).

John Eldredge also wrote Epic and Walking with God.


Other parts of What I Read:
Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment