Saturday, January 3, 2009

Best of What I Read in 2007

I read 46 books in 2007. This is not to brag. My reading is not a scholarly endeavor, it is more like a hobby. It is comparable to stamp collecting or knitting, though a philatelist or knitter might have more to show for the hours and effort.For the more discriminating reader, I’ll apply the Pareto Principle to my list of 2007 reads and give you what I think are the top nine.

1. Proverbs (The Bible)
2. Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
3. The Richest Man Who Ever Lived by Steven K. Scott
4. The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson
5. The Relaxation Response by Herbert Bensen with Mariam Z. Klipper
6. The Way of the Wild Heart by John Eldredge
7. The Beethoven Factor by Paul Pearsall
8. The Club of Queer Trades by G. K. Chesterton
9. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment